Walk the proven path
built over a 30 year period
by the legal kit Originators
Probate in Victoria - a Thumbnail Sketch
When you apply for Probate yourself (instead of paying a lawyer to do it for you), here are the steps you go through:
- Find the Will and see who it appoints as executor(s)
- Decide how to apply for Probate. (See the "Your Probate Options" link to the right). We assume that have decided to do it yourself - good idea !
- Buy your Probate Kit (you can just click on our website order button to do that)
- Register your kit to get access to our online probate content
- Select one of our sample applications - for an easy-to-follow explanation of you how to fill out your application
- Prepare your application
- Lodge the application at the Probate Office (and pay the lodging fee)
- After about a week the Probate certificate turns up in your letterbox.
- Use your Probate certificate to authorise asset-holders (like banks, superannuation companies etc) to release assets to you
- Having gained control of the assets, distribute them to beneficiaries as the Will says.
Our long-proven Probate Kit takes you through the application process and gives you the paperwork on which to do it.